Search This Blog

4.04.2011

RAW energy bars

This is a recipe I have used for a couple of years now.  These bars are very tasty and easy to make.
Ingredients:
1 cup dried cherries, or any other chopped dried fruit
16oz pack of medjool dates
2 cups unsalted almonds
1 cup unsalted walnuts
(you can add more dried fruit/nuts/protein powders if you want)

Directions
Use a food processer or finly chop all ingredients, mix them together and form into bars.
Store them in the refrigerator, they will last a few weeks if you don't eat them all before then!
This recipe makes about 18 three inch bars.



Moosh it together like playdough.
This is a three step process, roll then form, then cut into desired shapes, lengths.
I wrap them individually in plastic wrap, until I find a better storage solution plastic wrap will have to do.

7 comments:

  1. my friend made those years ago with coconut, yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you have time to do this Blog ???? I really like it, I guess the busy people are the ones who make things happen. Keep up the good work !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carb count total is about 507g. If you make 18 bars it is about 28g of carbs each. Not too bad, dates are carby! I love the coconut idea Roxanne, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ranch Wife.
    I've made the bars in my VitaMix on Variabel 5. But when the dough was nearly done, the VitaMix "died" - it just stopped running, so I was wondering. How do you make the bars in your VitaMix? (It's the dry one, that looks like yours, in the picture).
    Which speed and for how long? Do you use the stick/spatula to move it around?
    Thank you for an inspiring blog
    Hugs from Karina - Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Karina, I have also run into the problem of overheating the Vitamix while making these treats. I had to call the company to ask about fixing my machine. A sweet lady informed me that my Vitamix would work again after it had cooled down. Whew! To address your question, yes I am using the grain grinder to make these bars. If you run into trouble just grind less of the mixture at a time. A few dates, a tablespoon of each nut, and a tablespoon of dried fruit at a time. I use variable speed 8 and 10 in variation while moving everything around with the plunger. I will try it in my regular canister as well to see if my advice will truly work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your answer. I will try to do it again soon. My VitaMix is but 2 weeks old, so I am still learning to use it.
      I made only a half portion in the blender, because it sounded like a lot.
      And yes - The VitaMix works again perfectly. It just needed 5 minutes cooldown.
      Have a lovely day

      Delete